Friday, August 6, 2021

I Was Thinking

 DH hates to hear me say "I was thinking. . ." He's afraid of what hair-brained scheme I've thought of. I was trying to remember if I had stitched a Long Dog Sampler design. I know I have about 14 of her designs, but have I stitched any? I don't think so.  They are usually quite large designs. One time there was a sale on a set of 10 LDS designs and I bought them. I have Death by Cross Stitch and I bought the latest one Quinto Acuto. I was wondering if part of Aquinto Acuto would look good on the back of a casket. So I thought I would stitch a bit of it to see. I cut a piece of 36 count linen slightly larger than the back panel. Then I started in the middle with my favorite section. This how far I am:



I decided to use The Thread Gatherer Silk 'N Colors Acorn Woods. I liked that it was dark enough and variegated. I admire people who can pick out great colors instead of just stitching in a solid color. 

I'm not sure about it yet. I need to stitch some more.

A

2 comments:

  1. Hi A,

    I have been a follower of your blog for awhile now, although I am not much of a commenter. I was wondering if you ever sell any of your used patterns? If so, please email me at ljmcd7 @ gmail.com (take out the spaces). I would do PayPal if you might be interested in selling Sampler Roll. Thank you either way

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful thread!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete