Thursday, August 19, 2021

My Queen

 Well, it's not really my queen as Amy Mitten designed her. I took out the thread I started stitching the borders with. I read in Jaqui Carey's book about using passing thread. I was using gold wire and it was difficult to work with. So I tried the passing and it was easier to go through the linen. The gold wire was almost too sparkly. I still wasn't sure about the border design. Was it too large? I am reserving judgement until I have more done. I think the addition of the black threads will make a big difference. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Although at this point it is what it is.


A

2 comments:

  1. Some gold threads and wire are hard to work with, you are lucky to have found a way to use passing thread, however I have never heard it referred to as passing thread, I like the word.
    Nice progress on your Queen, she is lovely.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the red looks good behind her.
    Never heard of passing thread,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete