Thursday, April 22, 2021

Transfer Trouble

 I wanted to start this project.

The first thing to do was transfer the pattern to the fabric.

I did a terrible job. I started off with a brown permanent marker (Micron). It was a little hard to see. So I tried a black Micron pen. I didn't get it lined up right and the very first mark I made was wrong. And several places were missing parts. I thought I would just try stitching with the Coton a Broder thread since I haven't used that before. Maybe that would cover my mistakes. Nope. I decided I need fewer lines than the pattern. The stem up to the flower had black lines showing on both sides. Luckily there is enough fabric to try the transfer again. But just to be safe I ordered carbon paper for making an iron on transfer. Then (I am queen of over kill) I ordered two different transfer pens for also making iron transfers. They should come today. So hopefully I won't mess it up again. This is not the first mess up trying to transfer. I tried with the castle keep and gave up after ruining the fabric. Oh, well, the linen was too tiny anyway.

I also transferred another Margaret Light pattern but it is less messed up. This fabric is thicker and hard to see through even with a light box.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Inspiration kits came with the design already on them?

It is snowing outside. That's depressing!

A

2 comments:

  1. Snowing! Snow snow, go away, save your flakes for a winter's day! I wish they'd re-issue some of the old stamped vintage kits - the design is on there already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it would be easier if they put them on 1st.
    Good luck!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete