Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Goldwork Bird

 I started this kit a long time ago but put it away when I didn't like how it was done. 

When I took watercolor classes we learned that we should paint in the direction that things grow. So it bothered me that the lines on top of the head of the bird were vertical instead of horizontal. Also the white felt shows through the design at several places. I really want to finish this even if it is more of a learning piece.

I will live with the head not being right. I thought of using some Italian ribbon under some of the goldwork so the felt doesn't show.



 I also tried a new thread I have for another place under the upper wing but you can't see that very well. 

Not too much more needs to be done and one side of the bird will be finished. I have a little button music box that may fit between the halves of the bird. We'll see.

I want this bird to be inside one of my caskets if it turns out okay.

We got some snow yesterday but not enough to hang around. I haven't walked for two days so I'd better get going.

A

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I think the bird is turning out so lovely! When together, it will just be beautiful, and so unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be ok when finished, so pretty.
    We had snow off & on also, but it melted as soon as it hit the ground.
    It's been very cold here.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete