Monday, April 5, 2021

Finishing Monday

 I finished the Hands On needlecase. I kind of goofed it up. I was supposed to make a pocket on the inside but I forgot. Instead I put a piece of felt on the inside with a button at the top. I didn't have the string pictured on the pattern so I made some twisted cording. So it is all finished in spite of my mistakes.





I also finished up the Blackbird Designs flag and bird . I glued rick rack around the edge. I went to a finishing class at the Silver needle a few years ago and we learned how to finish using a styrofoam ball. I didn't have a styrofoam ball so I messed around with some comic board but I'm not happy with it. It looks fine but I will get a styrofoam ball one day.


A

3 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad you found a use for the fat quarter I sent you! I think it's perfect. I am glad you are feeling better and I hope you will get more complete pain relief soon. Love, BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice finishes! Even without the styrofoam ball for the Blackbird Designs stitchery.

    ReplyDelete