I got the new zipper to try and make the bag from the monthly club. I worked all morning, I made mistakes again and had to take out four different seams. But I did it to prove to myself that I could do it. In the end, it was a disaster. Fabric kept getting caught in the zipper. So I threw it away. Forget that #$%^.
Note to self: Don't buy stuff you see on FaceBook.
But all is not lost. I got a kit in the mail yesterday. I signed up for The School Girl Sewing Club through The Crewel Gobelin. This is the first kit for the year.
The chart is good. They didn't skimp on the threads. I started stitching the scissors fob. I goofed and used the wrong accent color on the crown but it looks okay. I also added a bit to one side of the fob. It was a little too plain. And I finished it! I may even stitch the sampler. I started the upper left hand corner but then I got the idea to do a long armed cross in Artic Ice instead of cross stitch in Dirt Road for the border.
We'll see how things work out.