Thursday, April 29, 2021

Feeling Creative

 I got a new book along with the carbon paper I ordered. It is a Japanese book of lace.


It is all in Japanese but it has charts for the lace in the back of the book. 




I have one more doll to finish for a friend. 

But she has a cracked back. I don't know how to fix this so I'm going to ignore it. I can't see it hardly at all in this photo so I guess it's okay to just ignore it.
I went through the drawer of shame, completed cross stitch but not finished. I found a sampler that I stitched quite a while ago by The Drawn Thread. The alphabet was too light a color and I've never done anything with it. So I cut it up. This can be an apron for the doll. It is sitting on a very light green dupioni silk that can be her skirt. 

I think I might be able to use other parts of this sampler on a small edge of my double casket.
We'll see if it works out.
A


4 comments:

  1. Good ideas - that will make a great apron! Maybe you could glue some lace, tulle or ribbon on her back to cover the crack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doll will be beautiful in that material and most of all in the bit of sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lace book looks wonderful!
    A pretty doll, for sure.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fearless Amy, there you go--cutting up a piece of your beautiful work. What courage AND creativity. You're a wonderful friend! And lace, Amy?!?! You continue to be my beacon of courage....

    ReplyDelete