Monday, March 22, 2021

I Tried

 I decided to try and make the Renaissance Ribbons bag with as much of a zipper as I could and see what other mistakes I made along the way. So I tried to follow the directions. It wasn't as easy as you might think. The instructions and videos use ribbons for the outside of the bag. I had a combination of ribbons and fabric for the outside of the bag. The pattern includes an addendum to the directions for using  fabric.  I think they should give you complete directions for what you have in the kit. I'm an experienced sewer but I still made mistakes. I decided to unsubscribe to the club. But I also ordered a new zipper so I could sew the bag correctly. The bag turned out smaller than I thought it would be,  I'm not sure I like the soft and stable used as interfacing. It looks pretty good actually.



Seams show on the inside of mine but that is because I goofed and quilted the lining to the soft and stable when I shouldn't have.

Vicki Solberg makes such nice bags. I have lots of her project bags. I should just order from her.

A


3 comments:

  1. It came out so rich and lovely, but I do agree with you about kits needing to be very clear and with the right directions right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pretty bag,
    Sometimes instructions can be so confusing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, from my vantage point your bag looks lovely, Amy, but we're our own worst critics, eh?

    ReplyDelete