Monday, March 15, 2021

Back to the Future

 With a couple of things finished, I have to decide what to work on next. I picked up the Blackbird Needlecase. I had to figure out where I was and what comes next. I had to finish up the seven mounds along the bottom. That meant I had to finally stitch that black dog. I did him but still want to put a white highlight in his eyes and on his nose. Then I have wanted to stitch the pansy. So I did. I tried changing it a bit here and there, I substituted a different thread for two of the petals and added a black center. I'm happy with it. This project reminds me how much I prefer a more delicate embroidery using silk floss.

I have afew more mounds to finish off and I can start on the other elements.

I made thumbprint cookies but didn't put jelly in the middle. I sprinkled some raw sugar on them instead. They are quick to make and only make around a dozen cookies.

I watched part of the Grammies last night. I thought it was well done but I'm not into rapping.

A

3 comments:

  1. The needlecase looks like it will be very pretty when finished. Love the altered pansy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project you are stitching an$ am enjoying your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this.
    Those mounds are awesome!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete