Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oh, Mr. UPS Man...



Here is Dylan standing beneath a kimono that he made in art class. We had a good time yesterday. He is a great kid.
I sent off the hat yesterday. It was so light that it didn't cost much to send. I'm hoping they send me a picture of Claire in the hat when they get it.
So now back to what I was doing before all this hat stuff. I am still working on the big medallion on Vierlande Winders Keeper. Slow but sure progress.
I had to take out the apple on my June retreat piece. It was two threads too high. ARGH Taking out roccoco stitches on 34 count is challenging in itself. Mostly I cut threads. Now the handles of the basket don't match and I will have to fix those. But the basket is mostly done and I like it. One of the apples is ugly but I think I'll leave it. I like the darker green that I used on top part of the basket.
My goal today: order frames. I have to measure everything and order a couple of frames and mats from American Frame.
I am getting a kit in the mail today. Hurrah! (Like I need another kit!) It has some very sweet smalls to stitch. Can't wait.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment