Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Kit

I got a kit for Christmas before last from Inspirations' Passion for Needlework-Factoria VII.
I've been wanting to start it for a long time.  But I needed to iron the satin and I needed to trace the design. I finally did both the other day.  It is such a pretty design by Susan OConnor, the photo doesn't do it justice. The next hurdle was to remember how to do boullion knots.  You need the right needle and you need to wrap it a certain direction.  I had to do about five boullion knots to figure out what worked.  Of course I managed to trace the design on the incorrect side of the fabric.  But you can see the pattern well enough to stitch it anyway.  I started with the pin disc (it's the smallest piece) and it has seven little flower groups. I am almost done with the first bouquet.  I love it but it is labor intensive!

I also am remembering a better way to start a thread. I want to finish this up and get an assembly line going with the other six bouquets.
A

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy you are back blogging AMy! ANy chance you can fill us in what you have done since you left us?
    dq

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project! I'm so happy to see your posts again each day! I look forward to seeing your progress on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you are posting again!
    I love all of your projects.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete