Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Bouquets

My first bouquet on the pin disc was pretty.  When I started I thought maybe I bit off more than I could chew. I have many excuses for my embroidery.  I am a cross stitcher and embroidery is not my strong suite.  I have some neuropathy in my hands due to medication. The designer's stitching is much tinier and fits between the design lines.  Mine turned out larger and hangs over the edges of the lines. My stitching is not as precise as I would like it.  My stitching looks better from a distance. Anyway, this is where I was yesterday:


This is where I am today:
Each bouquet is about the size of my thumbnail.
The bouquets were recommended to be stitched in hand then switch to a hoop to stitch the lines. There is cross hatching to add between the lines. Another challenge!

5 comments:

  1. Amy, your bouquets are lovely. I was lucky enough to take this class with Susan last fall at the SAGA convention. Of course, I haven't touched it since! I really should stitch along with you, but am in the middle of too many other projects right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely gorgeous! What a pretty project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful. Remember to be gentle with yourself. You should be proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking lovely look forward to seeing the finish piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bouquets are beautiful.
    What a pretty project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete