Thursday, June 2, 2016

June

How can it be June??  This year is going so fast.  I know this month will go fast.  At the end of the month we are going to California to see the grandchildren.  It will be so special to be able to spend some time with them.

I only did a little bit on Mistress L.  I got the numbers from one to ten stitched.  I can finish off this row today.

 I'm am getting better at the Montenegrin stitch in the bands between the alphabets.

I stitched the Reindeer Mouse!  He is all stitched and in the process of being finished right now.  The next step is to stuff him.

A month ago I thought that I ordered some more Duchess Satin.  I kept waiting for it to arrive.  Nothing and more nothing.  Then I went to check on when I ordered it.  Low and behold it wasn't on Paypal.  I guess I put it in my cart but never pulled the trigger.  So I ordered for sure last week.  It came in the mail yesterday.  This means I can start over on the Flemish Ornament.  I have cut out a piece of the satin, backed it with muslin. I sewed the two together.  Then I laced it to the slate frame.  I started the tracing of the design - being much more careful this time.

I am anxious to see how embroidering on this set up works out.  I have to decide what thread I'm going to use.
I get my hair cut, actually just trimmed, this afternoon.  It's about time.
A

1 comment:

  1. The Sampler is looking great.
    The little Mousie is going to be so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete