So I am at the end of my retreat trip story. I got up very early, 4 a.m. to get to the airport. I had a few setbacks getting to the airport because of construction. As in, "Oh No this on ramp is closed, now where do I go?" I was amazed at how many people were out driving at that hour. Fortunately I eventually made it to the airport, returned my rental car (whew!) and got the shuttle to the terminal. I was getting a little short on time as I was going through security but luckily my gate was the first one after security. They were boarding already so I didn't have to wait at all. I had a couple of hours to wait in Detroit for the short hop home. Everything went fine. It took all day to get home.
Top Ten Things I learned on this trip:
1. It gets very hot in Arizona. Sunday it was 107 - and that wasn't even a record.
2. I spend way too much money at The Attic even when I don't intend to.
3. My limit to wait for food is one hour. After that, forget it.
4. My hotel had Nest soaps and lotions and shampoo. They smelled so good and the soap was really nice.
I liked them so much that I came home and ordered some of the Nest body spray.
5. I broke my favorite glasses. They were in my pocket and I sat down and heard a crack. I should wear them on top of my head or put them in their case. Don't worry, I ordered another pair.
6. People at this retreat were friendly and welcoming even though I was a newbie.
7. Rae thinks out her designs thoroughly and if she says to do something a certain way, there is a reason.
Plus she is very organized and knows what she is doing.
8. Arizona is a great place to walk in the morning. It is the perfect temperature and the sun is usually shining.
9. Stitchers are a close group of people and you can almost always find that you have friends in common or that you have been at the same retreat with someone and didn't know it. Hi Judy.
10. ASG is a great retreat. I'd love to go again.