Friday, December 31, 2021

Gift Parade

 Well, no Christmas is complete with out a new kit or two. Everything I got for Christmas was influenced by what I saw on the web. I watch Flosstube videos from a lady in Australia. She is a phenomenal stitcher.She stitched a Luca-S kit still life of fruit and it was lovely. So onto Amazon I go to find the kit for me. I wanted one that wasn't too huge. I ended up ordering this kit of cherries.

The threads were all sorted and labeled! How great is that?
The kit fabric was 18 count Aida. Not for me! I am a linen snob and therefore got out a piece of white linen from my stash.
This will be a fun stitch. 

The mat I showed yesterday was very useful for finishing my macaron. It was easy to lay the beaded piece face down and iron on the interfacing. (Go for it Stasi!) These days I don't have to iron 100% cotton dress shirts so finishing is what I use my iron for. 

I'll see you again on Monday - next year!
A


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "push" Amy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy: This is a lovely design, can you share the Youtube video name with us, I would like to see what she has worked on.
    I am looking forward to seeing the finished design.

    Happy New Year
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same kit. I've been meaning to stitch it one day for the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete