Friday, December 17, 2021

Distracted

 One of my pet peeves is not being able to find something. That's what got me distracted from posting yesterday. I knew I had the book "Willing Hands 2", a book of Betsy Morgan designs. It was somewhere in this mess of a sewing room. It wasn't where I thought it would be and I spent a while looking and looking for it. I wanted it because a shop cancelled my order of Gloriana Threads for projects in the Willing Hands 2 book. Why did they cancel my order? I asked that the shop send me what they had of my order. It's been four months that I've been waiting. But no, the shop didn't send me anything and when I checked the status yesterday it said "order cancelled per customer's request". No, not true. I didn't cancel my order. Rats. So I wanted to order from a different shop. I ended up ordering from Needle in a Haystack because they have an online catalog. We'll see what happens. 

I got a book in the mail that I have been waiting on for a long time. It is the Inspirations book, Pin Cushions. I was so happy to get this. 



This is one awesome book. First of all , it is oversized - big. The photos in this book are huge, up close and detailed. Wow. This is a fantastic book. The designs are quite diverse. Many designs by many designers.

In the back of the book is a sheet of patterns for the pin cushions. I didn't realize that the strawberry pin cushion is actually very small and on 40 count.







I already have a kit for one of the pincushions in the book. Since I've finished several things lately, I'm looking forward to starting this one. So cute!

A

2 comments:

  1. Amy: This is an amzing book, I really like pin cushions, I will have to look this up.
    So sorry you had a bad experience, I had one with a shop which it took several months to get what I ordered, sad in these days you would think that a shop would be happy to get an order out as soon as possible.
    I am looking froward to seeing your new pin cushions.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete