Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Ta-Dah!

 I finished the Hampton Court Clock. It was my idea to make a clock out of it using the box and brass plate designed for a different project, The verse around the clock reads " I do not remember a time I did not try to invent pictures and make for myself a fairyland amongst the wildflowers, the animals, fungi, mosses woods and streams, all the thousand objects of the countryside". That might be a quote from Beatrix Potter.

This was challenging to put together. Much cursing involved. But I am very proud of how it turned out. This Jenny Adin-Christie design is one of my favorites.





I didn't worry about there not being any numbers around the dial as there are marks for the hours on the brass plate. I wasn't able to put the second hand on the clock because there wasn't enough room between the clock movement and the glass. But that's no big deal. I bet nobody has a clock like this one!
A


5 comments:

  1. It's brilliant, makes me want to stitch the kit I purchased nearly 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is truly an heirloom of your home now. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!
    The clock is gorgeous!
    That design was a perfect choice.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, what a masterpiece! So creative and beautifully stitched. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it is stunning. What a fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete