Friday, May 28, 2021

I Went To Target

 Yes, I went to Target! I was so excited. It is the first store that I've been to since November 2019. Of course it was with DH telling me to keep walking. We were picking up a prescription at the CVS pharmacy in Target. But it was glorious to see everything and pick out some stuff, like a furnace filter.

I tried out the Sublime iron-on transfer pen. I traced an Inspirations design onto paper. Then I picked some linen to try it on. The linen was rather wrinkled so it used some spray of Press something it. I think it was still damp when I put the transfer on it. Then I didn't realize the steam on my iron was still on. So anyway, it turned out a little blurry. I think it is still stitchable but I wanted to try it again without damp linen and steam in my iron. So back to the drawing board. I used a different scrap of linen and it turned out clearer. I like that the pen makes a nice fine line. First try:


Second try:


As you can see I am anxious to start this. The kit for still hasn't arrived so I am trying some Oliver Twist  threads to see how they look. 


I got a haircut.

 

It is raining here and cool and windy. A good day for stitching.
A

6 comments:

  1. I have never seen so many lovely designs as you have! Yes, you always have "Thread in Hand" and make so many projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looks beautiful. Eager to see the finished design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to get out & about.
    It's very cold here, but looks nice today after 2 days of darkness & rain.
    Haircut looks nice.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you look wonderful! Glad you were able to finally get out. Have you shown us your doll house(?) in the background before? Would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the haircut and the cute glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy lovely photo off you,
    And the ears of you dog!

    A rainy day is for score a good stitching day!

    ReplyDelete