Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Friday, April 21, 2017

Wren

When I first saw the wren on a lady's blog, I was enthralled.  I wanted so much to make it.  I love the wren.  I wrote to Jenny Adin-Christie and asked if it was available because it was not on her website.  I was thrilled when she wrote back and said I could order the kit.

  I knew that my goal for 2017 was to make this wren.  No matter how hard it was, I was going to make it.  I tried to finish up Home Sweet Home while I waited for the Wren kit to arrive.  It pretty much worked out perfectly. I was over the moon when the kit came in the mail.


 I stitched all the pieces of the wren.



 I tried to take my time and do them the best I could.  I was worried about my needlelace as I knew it wasn't perfect.  A couple of stitches I opted not to do because I was afraid of messing them up.
I put it together with my fingers crossed that everything fit together and worked out.







I am very happy to show you that the wren is finished.




 I love this little bird.  I like it to sit beside my happy chair and keep me company while I stitch. It really is even cuter in person.
Thank you Jenny Adin-Christie for such a fabulous design and such good directions and a great complete kit.  I just love it!

I will be gone for a few days taking classes with my guild.  See you next week.
A

7 comments:

  1. Amy, this little wren turned out in a BIG way--it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowwwwwwwww cute little wren..i love her.
    smiles and love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wren came out brilliantly! Congratulations on such a spectacular finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the Wren is awesome.
    Great job.
    have fun at Guild.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete