Monday, April 24, 2017

Guild Classes

I'm back from taking two guild classes over the weekend.  I was very brave because I went by myself and I drove - to the Detroit area.    I happy to say I made it back home in one piece.  I left early Saturday morning and Matilda (my GPS) got me to Heritage Park in plenty of time.  It was a busy day at the park as they were celebrating Earth Day.  There are great trails there for walking.  I got just a short walk in before class.  Linda Vinson of Needlemade Designs was the teacher

 and our class was French School Girl Sewing Case and Smalls
.

 She packaged the kits up in a darling box like what you might get at a French Bakery.

I don't know how she got all the parts of the kit neatly inside the box


We are working on 27 count banding, over 1.  Linda suggested we start a corner so she could make sure we were starting in the right place.  The banding is a bit ravelly so I'll be sure to run it through my serger when I get home.  
We have a great guild and they run classes very well.  A guild person picks up our lunch order from Panera and brings it to class.  (Thanks Nancy!) 
Linda had a trunk show of her designs and it was fun to see them in person.
We could order any of those charts.

I stayed at a Fairfield Inn that was really great.  It had two rooms, a bedroom area and a living room area (and two TVs).  I would stay there again if I needed to.
Whoever wanted to could go to dinner at a Rusty Bucket restaurant.  It was fun.  I don't like eating out of the vending machines at the hotel.  Across the street from the restaurant was a Trader Joe's.  I've never been to a Trader Joe's so I had to just stop in and see what it was like.  It was fascinating.  I had heard that they have a nice selection of fresh flowers at nice prices.  I happen to see a hyacinth bulb in a vase for only 1.99.  Why not? 

 It was fun just to see what they had.  They had a good selection of wine too.  I just bought the flower and some candy.  
I only got in half of my steps for the day.  Just call me lazy.
A

4 comments:

  1. Wow love your guild classes so much..it's so much fun.
    Enjoy my dear x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Trader Joe's is the absolute BEST! Haven't had one since we moved (boo) but I love that store.

    Beautiful kit - what a delightful design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun project.
    Have fun with it!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing
    หนังการ์ตูน

    ReplyDelete