Friday, November 6, 2020

Decisions

 I was considering starting David Smyth's Garden all over.  I had forgotten to put muslin behind the satin and was getting some wrinkles. What I decided was to see what the project looked like using Evertite bars and muslin.  The hoop just wasn't holding the satin tight enough. So I sewed muslin to the back and found Evertite bars that fit (more or less). I found some thumbtacks. So this is where I am:

I think this will work. I haven't tried stitching on this yet so the jury is still out.
I hated to discard this much work so we'll see how it goes.

I was also thinking of the Queen's Sampler and what comes next. I don't want to wrestle with the next big band as it is a lot of Montenegrin stitch. Then I thought, hey, I don't have to do it if I don't want to.  You can't make me! I wanted to do the queens and I did so if I stitch the rest of this band and the next two small bands, I can be done.  I want to put it on one of my caskets anyway.
I'm the boss of me!
A


4 comments:

  1. I hope that works, you're so far already, & it's beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn straight, Amy! You are the director of your stitching universe LOL. Go girl, go!!!

    ReplyDelete