Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday

This is the third day after Christmas vacation was supposed to be over that the schools have been closed.  I'm sure they will be open tomorrow.  I am feeling like such a slug as I haven't gotten in my steps for three days!  So today I'm determined.  It is still too cold outside to go walking.  So I tried dusting off my step.  It was hiding under my ironing board. I did a few steps last night to see how it felt.  I think I can get my steps in today.  I stepped for an hour.  I still need to get some more steps in but I'm going to take a break from stitching later and do some more.

I got some things done yesterday.  I finished the eight eyelets on the Casket Keepsakes Thread Winder pouch.  I started the nozzle that will house needles.  It has detached buttonhole stitches around it using floss and gold thread.  I've decided that gold thread is a pain.  It is just hard to work with.  Yes, it looks nice and sparkly but it doesn't cooperate very well.  I've got a quarter inch done and I have to do an inch.  That's one of my goals today, finish that off.

I cut out the Sakura bag and am sewing it together.  I'm using the plait stitch.  Actually, I'm using long arm cross but it looks plaity.  I didn't look up the directions to see if I'm doing it right.  But I like how it looks.

Stupid Blogger still won't let me upload photos.  Others are having the same problem.  I hope they fix it soon.
Today is Claire's second birthday.  She is growing up too fast.  What a joy she is!  She loves seaweed.  She was wolfing it down on Sunday.  We got to see her dance.  So cute.  Counting the days until we see her.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment