Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sakura

I finished stitching Sakura!  I didn't think it would take all day but it did.  I cut out the two parts and today I hope to get it all put together.  Then it will be done done done.

I started the white flower.  I wasn't sure whether the satin stitch padding was supposed to go inside or over the split stitch edge.

The book didn't say.  So I chose to do it inside.  There are two satin stitch padding layers and then the top layer will go over the edge.  I'm sort of on-a-roll with this and want to work on it while I have some momentum.

I got a Fitbit report on last year.  I walked 1161 miles (miles!) last year.  DH says that is half way to Peoria.  (That is a play on words based on the song Marching to Pretoria).  That makes me think of the saying " a journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step".
A

2 comments:

  1. The Strawberries and White Flower look Beautiful, Amy! And I am so proud of you for taking all those steps. Maybe you will inspire me to get stitching and walking!
    -BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sakura is beautiful.
    Can't wait to see it put together.
    Congrats on all of your miles walked.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete