Sunday, January 19, 2014

Complete

Sakura is done and complete.

I just used fabric I had in my stash for the lining.  Not too hard.


I finished stitching the white flower on Home Sweet Home.  It turned out pretty well.


I started the leaves.  Long and short stitch isn't my forte.  But I'll give it a good try.

This weekend is the Sampler Symposium at The Attic.  At one time I wanted to go but it wasn't in the budget.  But in honor of Amy Mitten teaching a class there today, I decided to pick up something that has been on my sewing table for months.  It is the Amy Mitten sampler Mute But Not Silent.  I've been meaning to line the sampler with handkerchief linen.  First I had to find this linen.  Then I had to cut and iron it.  The only thing left is to sew it to the back.  So now, finally, I am three quarters the way around the back.

I have to find some stitching to take with me to California.  Since we are 3 hours ahead in time, I'll wake up early and have to entertain myself for a while.  Then later in the day I'll fall asleep in my dinner.
A

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Beautiful work!
    I like the way you are backing your sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sakura is a cute set, congrats on your finish.
    Home Sweet Home is coming along nicely too.
    The Amy Mitten sampler is very pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a beautiful project finish! Sakura is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy who is the pattern designer of Sakura and was it a kit?
    dq

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is beautiful, you do very nice finishing. I love the white flower!

    ReplyDelete