Saturday, September 11, 2021

Nevermind

 I was going to write a post that starts out "I solemnly swear never to join another club where I commit to buying four cross stitch kits that I haven't even seen". I have been so disappointed this year. The last kit I got was a plain alphabet. No motifs. No cuteness or sweetness, not even any pretty colors. Nothing to recommend it. And it cost over a hundred dollars. Do I have "stupid" printed across my forehead? Evidently. I also paid fifty dollars for a scissors fob and a couple of small gadgets from another club.

Actually I have vowed never to sign up for another club in the past and did it anyway. Will I never learn?Probably not. I signed up for a stitch along yesterday. It wasn't so expensive except that I bought all the silk threads. There is a snippet of a corner that looked pretty interesting. But who knows what the rest will of the design will look like?  One of the questions asked when you join the SAL is what other of their designs have I stitched. None. So I looked through their designs. There were a few that I liked. We'll see if it works out well. 

I have to be careful as I've realized that I tend to want to go on a spending spree right after treatment. That's my excuse, chemo brain.

I finished the book I was reading, Hamnet. They are going to make a movie out of it. I enjoyed the book.

Walking is done. I'm ready to stitch (or eat?).

A

6 comments:

  1. Spend away! I don't join anything because I'm wacky about linen that comes with kits, and I want to see it first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing, joined a six time a year club delivery, not impressed with the patterns so far, some of the other items I did like, but still not worth the money.
    I hope you show what you will be stitching with the Silk Threads.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your SAL is enjoyable.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also sworn off joining clubs (I'm still in one, but I generally like Stacy Nash designs). They start out so well, and then...

    Your work on the Amy Mitten Garden Thief has been so inspiring!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have similar feelings about clubs. I often like the designs but sometimes feel like the "extras" included in order to justify the price are cheap. And if I really wanted a rusty tin bucket in which to display my finish, I would be able to pick one up for a few dollars. On the other hand if I don't join the club I invariably regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I di one club and it was enough. Stillnot everything has been arrived. IT was suppose to be over 2 years and now it;'s 4 years later.
    Glad you lided Hamnet - I got bored ad returned it to the library.

    ReplyDelete