Thursday, September 2, 2021

Annual Ornament

 I got Rachael Kinnison's annual ornament. It's beautiful. 



I felt guilty ordering it as I haven't finished this one yet. I think it was her first annual ornament.

With the first ornament I tried following the directions but just couldn't stitch through the paper glued to the back. So I ordered more satin and tried again. Totally messed it up. Then I traced it again. But my dilema is the thread. I hate the thread. It is like stitching with a hair. The ornament has been sitting around for a while.


This year's coffer uses a different thread, Trame. It is supposed to be separated and yes, it is like stitching with a hair. I tried a little circle and it looks okay. But I hate stitching with a hair. So, do I find a thread I can stand? I think I have to or it will never get stitched. 

A



2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing ornament.
    I am looking forward to seeing it finished.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty!
    I don't think I could stitch with such a fine thread either.
    I'm sure whatever you choose, it will be pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete