Wednesday, October 28, 2020

In Honor of Darlene O'steen

 I read today on Facebook that Darlene O'Steen has died. My BAP was designed by her. Here is where I am right now.

I finished the third queen. 
This is the other sampler of Darlene O'Steen that I stitched. I'm going to cut it up and use it on two side panels of a casket. 

I used to be afraid I couldn't stitch a complicated sampler with specialty stitches. After working on two of hers I feel like I can handle stitching her samplers. I can change things to regular cross stitch in a pinch!

Today is a chemo day. The sun is shining and the fall colors are on full display. 

A

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching. So sad about Darlene. I had no idea she was only 67. For some reason I thought she was in her 80’s. The third queen looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is so amazing. So sad to hear of her passing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May she rest in peace.
    She designed a lot of beautiful Samplers.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pieces and so sad that the stitching world has lost one of its greatest. I can’t believe you are going to cut up the second sampler though on a casket it will be lovely. By the way, what is the same if that one please.

    ReplyDelete