Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine

I found another one of the valentines that I made some years ago.  I guess I was big on collage.

I almost miss those teacher days.  But I am very happy stitching instead.

I finished one side of the inside of the needlebook for the Painted Lady Sewing Case.  I may add something else as the page seems a bit plain.  I got the nun's stitch for the other side nearly done.  I'm not sure what words I want to put on that page.  I probably will but my initial "A" and the year.  I'm not sure what else.

It is great to see the progress I'm making - all the pieces for this project are filling up the congress cloth. Three more pieces to go.

I also started the pin keep for the Rose Trellis kit.  The border isn't as neat as I'd like but I don't think it is terrible.  It is hard to turn corners and have it look good.  I'm thinking of altering the border just a bit when it comes to the needlebook.  The stitches are really packed in on this 40 count.  It is very weird to draw with permanent marker on linen.

I know that the Rhapsody in Blue kits are supposed to be sent by tomorrow.  It will be fun waiting for the kit  to arrive in the mail.  Also, tomorrow is the start of the Vintage Strawberry online class through Mary Corbett.  Can you believe we are half way through February?  Time flies when you're having fun.  (And according to DH, even when you're not!)
A


1 comment:

  1. With all your plans for this years needlework you will either need 10 days in a week or 48 hours in each day!!

    ReplyDelete