Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One Down, One to Go

I am enjoying this Vintage Strawberry class.  I went back and finished my first strawberry except for the little green seeds.  They must come later in the instructions.  I started on the second strawberry.  It has different colors than the first one.  It seems everything is split stitched around the edge before you fill it with colors.  I may even be wild and crazy and split stitch around the flower.  I wonder what to do with this when it is finished.  I don't really want to frame it.  I would like to make it into something, I'm just not sure what.

I finished the small window pocket on the inside page of the Painted Lady Sewing Case.  It turned out fine.  Now on to the larger one.  I guess my goal is to finish the larger one today.  I'm getting to the end, slowly but surely.


I got the Rhapsody in Blue kit in the mail but alas, no charts or instructions.  It is fun just to touch all the materials.  I think the linen is sandstone.  The class starts the 25th so I don't have to wait that long to get started.  I could serge the edges and be ready to go.  It came in a pretty purple bag.

Have a fun day!
A

1 comment:

  1. Love the strawberries. I will be interested to follow progress on Rhapsody in Blue. Good luck for speedy progress on the last of Painted Lady.

    ReplyDelete