Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thimble Nest

I finished the stitching on the Rose Trellis Thimble Nest.  Yeah!  It doesn't look too hard to finish off.  I like how it turned out.

I have to confess that I didn't draw on the little arcs of vine and just made it up as I went along.  There is only one vine that I wish were a bit more curved but it will do.  It is so interesting to see how colors change due to what color is next to them.  The darker coral color of the flower is in the border but it looks to be a rust color next to the brown and gold.

Next up is the pin keep.

I got the door done on the Painted Lady Sewing Case needlebook.  It is coming along.  Yes, it is easier second time around.  Although I am just working it by looking at the front.  I probably should read the directions too.  Famous last words.

I've been waiting and watching Amy Mitten's site for the posting of the Needleworker's Pocketbook Tutorial.  Yesterday afternoon it was posted!  I love the little thread cutter and ruler that go with this.  Amy Mitten is really talented and inventive.  I really want to take this so I signed up for it.  It looks like it doesn't start until the end of May.  So I have signed up for two Amy Mitten tutorials and two Jackie DuPlessis classes.  That ought to hold me for a while.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment