Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Today's the Day

I am ready to hop on a plane and fly to Cincinnati!  It is also the hottest day of the year.  It used to be that people dressed up to fly on an airplane.  I usually wear pants but today I may wear shorts for comfort and coolness.  Nobody cares or will notice what I am wearing.  Who will notice a lumpy old lady?  Of course on the inside I am beautiful and have a sparkling personality.

I started working on the Hall of Justice down in the corner of Mute But Not Silent.  I like the roof.  The window went in fine and I really like the brick like look of the weaving over one.  So far, so good.

I am trying the first of the sunflowers on the temari.  It is rather crude and I am going to take it out, read the tips for stitching this and then try again.  I've already realized some things I could improve on.  This is way farther than I ever got trying to make a temari on my own.

I stitched most of the bird for the other side of the thimble purse.  This is a French pattern and I don't know if I am doing it correctly.  There are spaces in the middle of something (hightlights?) and lines that don't make sense to me.  I may redo some of the shapes to make them more recognizable.  Are they leaves and berries?  Are they branches and blossoms?  I think I need to define them for myself.  The scale of the bird is way bigger than the scale of the design on the other side.  I don't really care as you only see one side at a time.  It is good to try out this bird before trying to stitch a bunch of them for the casket.
I skipped Step Class this morning to save my energy for sitting!    I'm meeting my BFF at the airport in Cincinnati and we will have a blast!
A

1 comment:

  1. I looked up Cincinnati on the map - you sure had a long way to go! Hope you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete