Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Table

Isn't it convenient to have a nice big table to spread things out to work on?  I am a messy person and every flat surface in my sewing room is covered with stuff.  I have a painting table that is covered with stuff.  DH has proposed an idea to me.  We never use our living room except at Christmas.  But now the boys are grown and gone to states far away and don't even make it home for Christmas anymore.  So DH suggested rearranging the living room and getting rid of the first furniture purchase we made almost 40 years ago - the sofa.  Then putting a table, well, actually, two tables for working on in there.  What a revolutionary idea!  My fear is that the tables will get covered with "stuff".  I want to have it look nice when someone comes to the door (even though that is a rare occasion).  I generally use the bed in the computer room for laying things out or the floor in the living room for cutting out patterns.  I moved a chair and table to the corner of the living room and now there is room for a table.  We may go get one this morning.  Then I can lay out my casket designs and play with them.

I got two blades on my windmill done on Mute But Not Silent.  It is going faster than I thought it would.  I want to finish it today.

I finished with the hemstitching on the Stitching Chair Necessaire.  I have to line and attach the pockets and put the two sides of the pin cushion together.  I think I will actually use this on my sewing chair.

The bunny is finished on Mr. Snowman.  I have another bunny to do right next to him.
Happy Thursday!
A

2 comments:

  1. What a nice idea your husband proposed.

    I am just amazed at how quickly you stitched and finished your Stitching Chair Necessaire. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Stitching Chair Necessaire looks great. You have done this quickly. I've not even started mine yet.
    Top marks to DH for a great idea

    ReplyDelete