Friday, June 1, 2012

Oh Joy!

I was waiting with great anticipation for today.  June first!  The second lesson of the Cabinet of Curiosities was posted this morning.  I spent all morning (except for exercise class) reading the second lesson but I'm not done yet.  My creative juices are running.  I want to play with designs and possibilities.  I want to make a list of motifs and poems that I like.  This course is worth every penny.  What fun to dream of  the designs my cabinet can have.  It has to be fabulous and reflect me and what I like.  When I was in elementary school, I was supposed to find a poem and bring it to school or memorize it or something.  I kept forgetting and we didn't have any poetry books at my house.  Finally, I went through an old set of encyclopedias that my grandmother had given us and found a poem.  I have always liked this poem and would like to incorporate it on my casket.  It is by William Blake called " Auguries of Innocence":
To see a world in a grain of sand,
and a heaven in a wild flower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hand
Eternity in an hour.
Burma Shave (just joking!)
I having the most fun day and learning a lot about the cabinets.

I didn't get much stitching done yesterday.  Some days are like that.  I got one more motif/cartouche stitched on Mute But Not Silent.

I put in a few stitches on the Second Bookmark but they are hardly noticeable.

I started the pin cushion of the Stitching Chair Necessaire.  I am one thread off so I have to frog a bit.  But luckily it's not too much and I know where I made the mistake.
I hope you have a fun day too.
A

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I acquired this Hillside Samplings kit recently and should really be stitching along with you. i don't think I would be able to keep up with you though! Sure am having fun watching your progress though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am so pleased your Cabinet of Curiosities is one step nearer completion. You have been waiting a while now. What fun to choose the motifs, words etc. I look forward to your progress reports. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete