Thursday, June 28, 2012

Squirrel's Nest Getaway - Day Four

This was my goal for this year, to stitch  Nouveau Palais Royal and I am finally doing it.  This is an all day class.  We get to the house with only one minor wrong turn (we were talking about recipes and not paying attention).  The first order of the day is to make the pattern for the inside of the box.  Today's box is tiger maple and is so beautiful.


 There is a silk lined piece that fits in the bottom.  But I screw up and include the pattern with the lining so I keep having to borrow my BFF's pattern. The pin disk sits in the bottom.

 Then comes the next layer, two pin cushions on either side of the box.  Next is the tool tray that has two pockets and a place for scissors or other tools.

  On top is the decorative top.

The box has a pearl and ribbon closure.

 Then the box fits in a silk bag.  (Hint:  Put the box into the bag before deciding where to stitch the button on!)
The was a lady in class with a charming accent and I went over to ask her where she was from.  She was from Luxembourg via Italy and Australia.  I was quite tickled when she said that she reads my blog!  This is the third time this year that I have gone to a stitching class and someone has said that she reads my blog.  The internet is an amazing tool to connect with others with similar interests.
The nice thing about these two classes with Merry Cox is that she gets through all the directions with out skipping over some or running out of time for some.
I wanted to keep working - I was on a roll.  But it was time to go.  I was so happy that I got the bag all stitched (but not embroidered) by the time class was over.
BFF and I stopped at a Pizza Hut for dinner.  One of my guilty pleasures is a personal pan pizza.
We were sorry the classes were all over as we had such a fun time.
We go home in the morning.
A

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful box and project! It sounds like you had a really fun time. I'm amazed too that this blogging thing can connect people like that. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a wonderful retret you went to Amy and I have enjoyed reading your report.

    ReplyDelete