Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sunny

It is a beautiful sunny day!  That always puts me in a good mood.  I made terrific progress yesterday.  I successfully braided using the finger loop method.  I used some #12 pearl cotton to practice and it worked out.  I think I've got it!

 So that means I can braid the drawstrings for the Vierlande Winders' Keeper.  I have been trying to attach the "lid" to the needlebook using the knotted Antwerp stitch.  Not so successful.  I am on my third try.  It is sort of a blanket stitch with a knot.  It looks crummy.  Now if I can just get it to look consistently crummy all the way across, it may work out.

  This is a very challenging project!  But the big news is that I finished all the 24 eyelets!

 Yeah!  We are getting to the end.  I hope to have this finished so I can take it to show Amy Mitten at the class in May.  I've been working on this since January.

Right before we left for the airport last week I got my order from The Attic.  So I took the kits I ordered along on my trip.  One of the kits was Shepherd's Bush's Eden's Lament Pin Cushion.  It is a fun stitch.  I don't think I will put the wording on it though.  If I worked hard, I could get it done today.

 The threads got all messed up as I didn't sort them and put them on a card as I usually do.  And some orphan threads got mixed in.  So just finding the correct color floss is a challenge.  Two of the greens look just alike, the only difference is that one green is longer than the other.  There is scrunched up seam tape type ribbon for the edging but I don't know if I want to put it on.  I think I'll look through my stash and see what other things might look good.  At the retreat one lady had a project that had folded up (gathered?) large ric-rak on the edge.  It looked really nice.
I should get back to Mr. Snowman stocking but I'm just having a ball working on other stuff.
I went to Joann's to get the floss for the bookmarks I downloaded.  They had the leftover Easter candy at half price - and on the bottom shelf were some chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies.  Several of them came home with me.
A

1 comment:

  1. The Winders Keeper is looking fantastic. Finger Braiding takes a while to get used to but is a really useful cord to know. I use it a lot for drawstrings as it twists less than other methods. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete