Friday, April 27, 2012

Miniature Soccer Ball

I feel like I am making a miniature soccer ball.  I have twelve tiny pentagons and I am finger pressing the edges and lacing the backstitches together.  First you attach five pentagons around the center pentagon.  I looks like a flower.  Then you make a second "flower" and then sew the two flowers together.  I decided after the first flower that I would iron down the edges and see if it went together better.  It did!  I am now sewing the flowers together.  It is the same process as when I made the pin ball.  All those little pentagons were a real pain to stitch.  But when it all comes together, it seems worth it.  These balls that I am making will go on the ends of the drawstrings.


I reached my goal of getting one whole side done on edging the Vierlande Winders' Keeper.  I am almost half way round.  If I can finish a side a day then I'll be done in no time.  I really like how it looks.  Very nice and neat.  I'm glad I learned how to do this.


I worked a bit (hours!) on the bookmark.  Solid stitching takes a long time.  I'm making good progress.  Most of the girl is done.

 I am working on the first of two pages of charts.  So there is a bottom half to this.  My goal today is to get to the left side.
I'm so lucky to have cross stitch as my work.
A

2 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by the edging and the small balls. You are making a wonderful job of this "masterpiece". The little girl bookmark will be too good to use:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Just found your blog.

    I love the tiny ball you are making.
    Your bookmark is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete