Friday, April 13, 2012

Day Two

I had a fabulous day yesterday. My BFF picked me up at my hotel. We didn't go to Mall of America at all! First we went to Stitchville USA. It is a great store. My BFF and I found the threads we were looking for and I got the floss I ran out of in the Purple Thread kit. They have a wonderful selection of linen and charms and a million other things. It is a rare treat to go to a good cross stitch store. Then we went to an old Train Depot that is a quilting store. It is also rare treat to find a great quilt store. They had some beautifully patterned oilcloth for making tote bags. I got all the fixings to make one. I saw a darling wool mat with little chicks on it. They had a kit for making that too. Had to get it. What a selection of nice fabric! I got pieces of pretty fabric that would be good for finishing projects. Then we went for lunch at Captain Jack's with scenic views of a lake. Rootbeer floats for dessert. Guess what - I had potstickers again.
Were we done? Of course not. We went to a fabric warehouse. It was huge! They had lots of silk Dupioni in lots of colors and for 50 percent off - which made it 7.50 a yard. Grosgrain ribbon was 30 cents a yard. I got some fabric to line the Sugar Plum Fairy stocking. There was some sweet alphabet fabric that would a cute dress for Claire. Here is a picture of my stash.
The retreat starts at 3:00 today. What a fun week I am having!
A

1 comment: