Monday, January 4, 2021

I"m Back!

 Wouldn't you know, I went to blog and my Pixel Chrome that I blog on needed charging!

I'm back from my blogging break. There are many good things happening this new year.  First of all my oncologist says I can take a break from chemotherapy!  Yeah! When you have stage 4 cancer you always have to be vigilant for any symptoms coming back. Dr, Mize's admonition is to live each day to the fullest. So that is the theme of this year. 

Of course I had to have some new starts for the new year. There are so many things I've wanted to start.  Santa gave me some lovely things as did the mailman. Also Amy Mitten is teasing me with descriptions of a new project coming from her soon. Yippee! Can't wait!

Where to start? I got one more kit from Inspirations for Christmas. It is Pansy accessories from Carolyn Pierce.  It is embarrassing to show you my stack of kits. 

But I fully intend on doing all of them.

Here is what is in the kit.





  I can't understand the color of the satin this is stitched on but I have plans to change it.  I bought a beautiful color of satin from Jenny Adin-Christie when I had a class from her on the Queen to Queen tour. 

It is the color of the satin in the Owl and the pussycat kit from Jenny. 

You can't see the background very well but it is a lovely color of water and sky.

There are so many thread colors in this kit. It was worth it to buy the kit instead of trying to find all the different flosses. Thank you Santa!

A

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! - I am so pleased that you are blogging again - and that you enjoyed your Christmas break - - your choice of projects is excellent!! I'm looking forward to your 2021 stitching adventures - - - and now I'm also desperate to know what Amy Mitten has up her sleeve in 2021!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful kit. I look forward to seeing you make all your Inspirations kits! That will be "inspiring!" Your satin color is lovely and will look beautiful. The orange I think is ok, but this design will work better I think on a softer, less hot color. Have fun with all your stitching projects! Wishing you health in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a great new year. Your work is so extraordinary and nothing I could ever attempt. Love anything Amy Mitten, anxious to see what's up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, looking forward to seeing your progress reports on the kits and of course the finished masterpieces. It is very inspiring to see all your finishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you can take a break from your Chemo.
    That kit is gorgeous, & so is the satin you chose.
    Happy New Year!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year! Looking forward to seeing what you start working on first.

    ReplyDelete