Wednesday, January 6, 2021

1884

 I ordered some stuff from 1884 Stitchery.  I first heard of this website while watching Stitching in Sequins on FlossTube.  This girl had a very interesting blog and rather interesting tastes.  She often did her FlossTube videos with a skeleton. I even met her one time.  I was in Mesa Arizona for a class. If you are in Mesa you must visit The Attic. She was at the Attic and I recognized her.  She even had her famous fancy heels with her so I got to see those too. She (sorry, I forget her name) likes to rescue stitcheries from flea markets. Anyway, she has started this website 1884 Stitchery. She has some Russian kits on there.  I bought and stitched one of them and it was a great kit. 

I saw some neat unusual things on her website. I love most anything with a crown on it. You stitch a seat and a back for the chair. There are several designs included to choose from.




I really like Vikki Clayton silks. For a while she wasn't dying any silks but now she is back. As you know I have several of her monthly offerings.  I was surprised to find some Vikki Clayton silks on 1884's website.  These are the ones I got. Cool.

It was fun shopping 1884.

A

Molly,
I worried about fraying edges and that scared me away from putting stuff on my caskets for the longest time.  But the process is to glue special Dark Hobart paper to the back of the stitching. It won't fray with the paper on the back and you can cut it or glue it with no problem.  I have been able to tear and glue back on the stitching three times on my mini casket with no problem.


3 comments:

  1. Isn't 1884 Stitchery a fun place to browse and shop. While Vikki is back dyeing silks (and you can purchase from her directly), 1884 Stitchery has exclusive shop rights to HDF silks. That wooden chair you picked up looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s McKenna! And Pepe the skeleton.

    ReplyDelete