Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Whining

When I was at the Dyeing to Stitch Retreat I bought a limited edition Blackbird design.  I thought beforehand, if I see one of those limited editions I'm going to buy it even though it is pricey.  It was so cute.
It comes in a nifty round tin.  It is a Christmas stocking.

It has everything you need all in the kit, even the backing fabric.

So when I went shopping at Dyeing to Stitch, I bought it.  I picked it up to start it in the hotel room but the light was bad and I couldn't figure out which color of overdyed Weeks Dye Works was which.  So when I got home, I was able to sort things out and start it.  I was working merrily along making good progress when doubts crept in.  Why is the roof done in the darker red?   Why is the vase done in that color?  Brown flowers?  I'm a very obedient girl (well, actually, I used to be a very obedient girl) and I was following the chart..  Then I looked at the photo on the front.  No, that's not what color they used there.

  Then I figured out that two of the colors were transposed.  Apple Cider should be Raspberry Parfait and vice-versa.  ARGH.  I was discouraged.  Should I take out all that stitching!?!?

I was not up to it at the moment.  I'm still trying to figure out whether to leave it in or take it out.  Fifty bucks.  That's how much the kit cost.  Whine, whine, whine.

On the other hand, I got a Barbara Jackson kit from the Olde Colonial table at the retreat boutique.  It is a leftover from Celebrations' Make-It, Take-It night.



 A cute little strawberry needle book.  It made up very nicely.  I could probably make the matching scissors fob with the leftover threads.

I came back from retreat three pounds heavier.  Probably from candy corn and mints.  But now I'm back to what I was before the retreat.  I went on a bunch of errands yesterday and got up to 16,000 steps.  Wow.  My record is 17,000 in one day.
The countdown has started (in my datebook) to my Attic Adventure.  I should get busy on the pre-stitching for the Unplayed Piano.
I have something fantastic to show you tomorrow.
A

1 comment:

  1. Don't you hate when that happens?
    Love the little Strawberry neddlebook.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete