Thursday, October 24, 2013

New Possibilities

Today is United Nations Day.  I always celebrate that day.  It snowed as I was driving home from exercise class.  ARGH.  I'm not ready for winter.

I went out to eat last night.  When I got back I had some emails.  It is so exciting.  I got the latest lesson from Amy Mitten on finishing the tape measure snail.  So cool.  Also she said she was going to offer a new online tutorial about the winter solstice.  I was hoping she would offer a new tutorial.  I can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve.  I wish she would design a casket or a mirror surround.  I have to admit that I am considering the Sampler Symposium that is going to be at the Attic in January.  Amy Mitten will be there.  But I want to check out the Attic and see what I think of it in two(!) weeks before I sign up.

I started the snail finishing.  I love the wonderful instructions.  I read through them and I know I can do it and that it will be fantastic when it is done.  I started the snail's foot using detached buttonhole stitch.  It will attach to the end of the tape measure.

Then this morning I see that Barbara Jackson is offering a new Christmas ornament through Shining Needle Society.  I enjoyed making the one she designed last year.   I'm going to sign up for this one asap.

I finished the stitching on the Limited Edition Never Far Apart.  I slightly altered the shape of the stocking.  I like a certain shape, the Cross Stitch and Country Crafts stocking shape.  Other stockings look misshapen to me.  I hope to finish it off soon.  I am tempted to start the Plum Street Samplers' Thanksgiving stocking patterns that I got at retreat a few weeks ago.  But first I really so want to get my UnPlayed Piano pre-stitching done.  I actually decided what I want to do.

I am taking a Shepherd's Bush needle roll pattern and stitching parts of it on UnPlayed Piano.  We'll see if it turns out......  The lower line of stitching is with the original floss.  The colors don't do anything for me.  I may take it out.
A

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've got a lot of projects going!
    I hope you have fun with all of them.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete