Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Virginia Trip - Day Three

Let the retreat begin!

It is Thursday now and we have to wait until 2 to register.  So we decided to take D and J to Dyeing to Stitch.  They were without a car and hadn't had a chance to go to the shop.  Luckily J had a GPS on her phone so we could find the shop.  Even though BFF and I had been to the shop the day before, we found more stuff to buy.  There was also a quilt shop and a bead shop nearby. So it was fun to check those out too.  Then we stopped by Kmart.  I succumbed to temptation and bought a bag of candy corn and a bag of chocolate mints as well as Triscuit crackers.  Bad girl.  We had lunch at Subway and got back to the hotel just in time to register and get our goody bag.  The bag is huge and yellow and had a few treats in it.

At 4:30 was the first project.  It was a pin cushion that said "Celebrate" on it.  It was great to get back to stitching.  I had barely stitched for two days.  It was a design by Sharon of The Purple Thread.  I worked hard to get it done and if I had had some stuffing, I could have totally finished it.  I still need to do the puff on the corner.  I would actually like to do a puff for each corner.  The thread color we used was called "Celebrate" as well.

We were all excited to see the projects for the retreat.  It was hard to see from across the room what the projects really looked like.  They were all very nice.  BFF and I were in the Shepherd's Bush/Pam Reed track.  Tina and Teri were so funny when they talked about their project.  I liked both of our projects.





There was a mad rush to the boutique.  I took my time because I knew it would be crazy in there.  All the designers had a table with stuff to buy.  There was a lot of standing in line.  First you have to try and see what is available amid a crush of people.  Then you have to stand in line waiting to check out.  I found some good things to buy.

It was fun to sit at a table full of friends and stitch and talk and show stuff to each other.
We ate at the hotel restaurant.  The hotel is going to be torn down in December and replaced with condos.  It really is a great location at the end of the boardwalk.  I got a pitiful number of steps in so I decided to walk the boardwalk early tomorrow.  I was so totally exhausted from such an exciting day.
Class tomorrow!
A


1 comment:

  1. EXCITING! Someday I hope to attend this retreat :) Until then, I dream...

    ReplyDelete