Sunday, December 16, 2012

O Christmas Tree

I got a lot done yesterday - just not stitching-wise.  Caramel Corn is done.  But I am such a dimwit.  I should have tried it with part dark and part light brown sugar.  I just did it with dark brown. That makes it look more like Cracker Jack popcorn.   I may try it one more time.

Forgotten gift is sent off.  The Post Office was open later than usual.  Luckily the line was not out into the lobby.
I made some of Ina's shortbread cookies.  Very good with tea.  Although I really like eating the cookie dough.
I put the Christmas tree together.  It's not decorated yet.  But it is a step in the right direction.
I got a couple more petals done on the Velvet stitch scissors case.  I am not going to work on Duchess Satin and I am not going to use the Velvet stitch on my casket.  That's for sure.

I googled a photo of William Morris's Strawberry Thief design.  I went to the pic2pat website and turned it into a chart.  It is very cool.  I would really like to stitch it and see what it looks like for the top of my casket.  Oh to have more time in the day!
A

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing the Velvet Stitch, very interesting! It have an old style about it. I must try it out, just to see how it feels:)

    MM, cookies looks smashing good!:)

    ReplyDelete