Saturday, December 15, 2012

Learning

I went back to working on the scissors case for the Cabinet of Curiosities.  When I first showed you, this is what it looked like:

Now this is what it looks like:

I have learned a few things along the way.  First of all, you need to count.  I started at the bottom of lowest petal with a lovely blue color.  That was a couple of weeks ago.  So then I picked it up yesterday and worked some more on that petal.  But when I got up close to the center gold thing, oops.  I am one string away from it and I am supposed to do all stitches over two strings.  I messed up when I started it and didn't start an even number of strings away.  So do I take it out?  No way.  Will it matter?  Not really.  I can fill in with over one stitches or with a fancy gilt thread.  I didn't even worry about where I started with the leaf.  It doesn't have to meet up with any friends, it is out there by itself.  But I am making up the colors as I go along.  Not all the leaf colors like each other.  I am changing the colors in different places than the sample.  I keep reminding myself that this is a learning experience.  And I am learning what not to do.

I am in the middle of making shortbread cookies.  I need to make another batch of caramel corn and put up the Christmas tree.  That is all besides making cod for dinner.  I got a chance to read some more Jack Reacher yesterday. There are a lot of twists and turns in this book.   Maybe I can read while waiting for stuff to cook in the oven.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment