Friday, November 11, 2011

The Tour: Part Four






We got snow yesterday! Several inches of it. Bummer. I'm not ready for winter. I want summer back. This is my least favorite season of the year and it lasts for about six months. When we go to California in February we will really enjoy the weather.
On our tour of my curio cabinet we are down to shelf number four. It has a special item on it. The casket. When I went to Celebrations last year the Olde Colonial shop had a casket for sale. I had heard they were hard to get and you have to wait a long time for them. I took the plunge and decided to get it since it was available. It is kind of pricey too. I knew Drawn Thread had a design to fit it. So I ordered the design and the recommended linen. It was a difficult project as it was repetitive and some over one and many specialty stitches. But I was determined to finish it. I stitched the first panel. It didn't fit in the box very well. It was too large. I don't know what the problem was as I was using linen from the designer. So I altered all the rest of the inserts to fit the openings - no small task. I was very proud to have finished it and lined it with silk dupioni. There is also a Drawn Thread notebook on this shelf. I love the inside. The outside not so much. So I've opened it up so I can see the part I like. Sitting on top of the casket is Glastonbury Garden. I am proud of finishing it too. It was quite a challenge as well but so pretty when all finished.
I am very close to finishing the calicos page on Buttons. I want to do the glass buttons page next with the basket. I put a teeny bit of color on Winter Cottage. Still working on those nun stitches. My Storybook's flag is not as easy as it originally looked. Doing rice stitches over two on 32 is hard. I changed the color of the verse on the back. I couldn't see it very well in the Kindred Spirits overdyed floss so I switched to an aqua Hand-Dyed Fiber just because I like that color.
I was planning to drive to our monthly guild meeting this Sunday when I heard the project had been cancelled. I am disappointed. I was looking forward to it. Oh well, I won't miss the driving part.
A

1 comment:

  1. I've just discovered your blog and...how many masterpieces in one time.
    You deserve major compliments.
    Your blog is worth the time I've passed in browsing it.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Angi in Italy
    www.lagonelpagliaio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete