Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Snow Warning




We are getting lots of rain. It rained all night and it is supposed to rain all day. Tonight they are predicting snow. Between four and eight inches of the stuff. ARGH. Luckily it will be warm enough to melt most of it. I just dread the thought of having to drive in ice and snow.
I didn't get much stitching done on my busy Monday. I am half done stitching the border of the last page of Buttons. Then I can put together. Wow. I can't believe I am actually going to finish this project soon.
I kind of abandoned my house art/stitching tour. I will get back to it now. The kitchen has only two stitched pieces. My clock and a bellpull that I have shown before as it was one of my first cross stitch pieces. My FIL made the oak cabinet for the clock so that makes it special. It occurred to me that eventually we will get to my sewing room which is a little scary. There are so many pieces of art/stitching in there.
I have enjoyed reading my list of bookmarked blogs today. You find out stuff and see stuff that you want to try or buy or go to. On Mary Corbet's site, she reviewed a book that I must have. So I ordered it from Australia. I can tell that next year will be the year of the box. This book tells how to make a box and all the accessories that go with it. Cool. Just when you think you have seen everything, something new comes along.
A

1 comment:

  1. That "delft tile" clock is just beautiful and the frame just sets it off really well. I have been tempted by that book - I look forward to seeing your rinished product.

    ReplyDelete