Sunday, November 6, 2011

Long Arm



I have ironed the edges of A Spot in the Mountains and it looks much neater. I am totally done with it. I set up a little display of some of the classes I took this year on my dining room table and it is fun to see what I have accomplished so far. There are still two projects to finish and add to my display, Lucet holder and Button Lover's Brag Book. Now I can concentrate on working on Buttons. I thought I was done with the cover yesterday but realized that I still needed to finish the most outside border of long armed cross stitch. Then I started thinking, what page do I work on next? I love the bird page so I think I will do that one. The cover needs some buttons on it in each of the four corners as well as the spine. I want to read the finishing directions and see what comes next for the cover. Probably interfacing, mat board and whipping the pieces together. I think it would be great to put the cover together and have it ready for each page as it gets stitched.
I got my Hand-Dyed Fibers order in the mail yesterday. I just love getting threads in the mail. I ordered the threads for Gay Ann Rogers' Winter Cottage and Townhouse so I am getting ready to stitch those. I was trying to squeeze the winter cottage onto a small piece of congress cloth that I had but I don't think it is going to fit. I thought of trying to stitch it on some 36 count linen and go over two. That way it would turn out to be the same size and I would like working on linen more than congress cloth. We'll see.
It is a lovely day here. There are two people up the street trying to rake leaves but the wind keeps blowing them away. We loved getting that extra hour of sleep last night. Wouldn't it be great to get an extra hour every week?
A

2 comments:

  1. My! You have been busy. These are exquisite. Will there be enough space in your curio cabinet - next I'd like to see a photo of that if you can?! Gay Ann emailed me yesterday so my order from her is about to be processed - I am most excited. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love all the PW projects!

    ReplyDelete