Sunday, November 20, 2011

Distracted






I was going to finish up the glass Buttons page but I got distracted. I got a kit I bought in the mail. It was just too tempting. I had to look at it, feel the threads, serge the edges of the linen and try just a stitch or two... It has three diamond motifs repeated all over this little purse and I stitched two of them just to see how it went. This project is going to take a long time but I love the effect. It will be a keepsake when it is finished (I say that about a lot of the things I stitch!) I enjoyed this so much. It has some specialty stitches that keep me on my toes. The name of it is Mountain Flowers.
I actually worked on Buttons until the mail got here. I don't have too much left to do. I need to finish the basket and a branch of leaves as well as the borders. If I have any self control today, I'll get it done.
I got a lovely present this week. It is a beautiful tassel from Margaret. Thank you Margaret. I really admire her skill in doing the hardanger edging. I'm terrible at hardanger. What a lot of work! It is a kind and generous gift.
The house tour continues with two large framed cross stitch projects in the dining room. My curio of stitching is in the dining room too but I've already given you a tour of that. There is the Chatelaine Holland Springtime Mandala. It was such a major project. It took me a year to finish it. It has many beads on it. It can be hung on any side. I am proud of myself for sticking with it and getting it done. The other stitching is a kit that I started a long time ago, put aside and then picked up again. It is supposed to be done with one thread but I did it with two plies as it was too faint with one. I ran out of thread and had to figure out what color floss to replace it with. I'm happy with how it turned out too.
A

1 comment:

  1. Amy, that mandala looks amazing. What patience you have for extremely difficult pieces. Looking forward to the progress on Mountain Flowers

    ReplyDelete