Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday


I got the dimensional pockets sewn on and am half finished sewing the cover to the inside. I sewed the little teeny pin cushion on and it is darling. It fits right between the dimensional pockets when the portfolio is folded up. I am thinking of putting in just a bit more stiffener. There is quilt pattern plastic with thin batting on one side. I think there needs to be either batting on the other side of the plastic as well - or - some stiffener to back up the inside. I will try the stiffener (skirtex) first and see if I like it, then maybe try some batting. I bet I can finish it today! Yeah! I love how the inside looks. I will play with the ribbon that goes around it and see where I might want to tack it down.

I stopped by Lowe's this morning to check out their countertop stuff. They had the same stuff that Home Depot has. I also looked at undermount sinks and back splash tile. DH has decreed that I must get an estimate on these items before purchasing. It takes a lot of time to go to different stores and check stuff out.
I have wonderful news about the classes in Ohio in October. I might have a ride! Whoa, that will save me a lot of money and a lot of headache figuring out where to go. Plus it will be fun. The teacher has invited me to ride with her. Wow, I love it!
Still waiting for the mailman to bring me Hare Pyns. Maybe today?
A

No comments:

Post a Comment