Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On a Roll



Here is a picture of the happy couple who are now in St. Lucia honeymooning. Then there is the Kringle Keeper that I finished on the trip.
Things are back to normal. I am done stitching Grandma's Garden Stitching Roll. I am trying to follow the directions for putting it together. The directions need some clarifying. One place I am told to iron the batting to the linen but later it shows that the batting should be ironed to the lining. Then there needs to be clarification as to which is the top and which is the bottom. The directions say to cut one inch from the bottom of the top batting. Is the point the top or is the bottom the top as is implied in the pictures? It is all a little confusing. I found some purple silk dupioni for the lining. Unfortunately the batting and Peltex also smell like smoke. Ugh. It will be very pretty when it is all finished though. I am happy with the changes I made.
Our lilacs are in full bloom. I love the smell of lilacs and can't help but think of my grandmother as it was her favorite perfume. The trees all have their leaves now and it is nice to finally get to some good weather. In three weeks I go to Columbus Georgia for the Blue Ribbon Sewing Box. Cool.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment